Safe Families for Children is a movement of hundreds of families of faith who have opened their homes to care for children whose parents are struggling. By demonstrating Biblical Hospitality, Safe Families for Children returns the church to the forefront of caring for orphans and widows - where historically the church was the leader.
Safe Families for Children is only successful when it is embraced and adopted by the local church. Churches of all sizes are necessary to provide for vulnerable children within our communities. Following are a few of the opportunities churches have embraced when adding Safe Families for Children to one of their existing ministries or adding a entire new ministry at their church. Click here
to share how your church can join SFFC.
Safe Families for Children Promoter
- Show a Safe Families for Children video during a church service
- Provide an information table and sign-up opportunities for congregants interested in becoming a Host Family.
Safe Families for Children Minister
In addition promoting Safe Families for Children, it is designated as one of your church's local outreach ministries or a new ministry for Safe Families for Children is added. Ministry activities might include:
- Identifying and supporting Safe Families in your church.
- Offering support services to Safe Families within your church such as: babysitting, transportation assistance, physicians, dentists, etc.
- Developing a resource closet for Safe Families stocked with diapers, formula, car seats, high chairs, etc.
- Provide volunteer case coaches (2-5 hours per placement per week).
Safe Families for Children Multiplier
In addition to the Promoter and Minister role, your church offers its services to other churches participating in the Safe Families community.
Your church may have resources that would be especially beneficial to Safe Families for Children volunteers and families who are at-risk
- Professional Services
- Et cetera
- Baby/Children's Clothing
- Parent Support
- Moms Group
- Lay Counseling
- Parenting Skills/Classes
- Life Skills Training
- Small Groups